Doon Public School is dedicated to assisting every student with authoring their page in the legacy of pride, tradition and excellence since 1955. Within a safe and supportive environment, we provide rigorous educational curriculum that allows students to achieve academic success and continue the tradition of matriculating students to higher educational institutions, technical/vocational college, and military services. We honor achievement and engage students in relevant school-wide and community activities to promote pride in ourselves, our school and our community. We strive to ensure that all students are college and career ready by providing access to rigorous accelerated curriculum and expecting proficiency across all subject areas. In partnership with families and community, our goal is to create relevant learning opportunities for students -- both inside and outside the classroom -- that help them become lifelong learners, develop knowledge, critical thinking skills, and strong caliber of character. Our ultimate goal is to empower students to succeed and lead productive, fulfilling lives in a technologically advanced world. A school-wide atmosphere of expectation relative to student achievement and student conduct placed appropriate demands on students in support of academic excellence. The faculty and staff refused to blame the students for their background or let students use it as a crutch for their inability or lack of efforts, academically. This general attitude on the part of the staff continued to grow with their total involvement in the academic efforts at the school. The staffing of Doon Public School over the years of its existence, have also been a major factor in shaping the history of this institution.
Important : - We have All streams for class 11 & 12 Medical, Non-Med, Commerce and Arts.
Our Beliefs : -
• Education must prepare students to become independent thinkers and owners of their own destiny.
• Education must prepare students for the real world of work, and competition in the global market place.
• The school must cultivate a learning environment that encourages all students to respect the cultural diversity of others in every social aspect.
• Students must learn to think critically, solve problems, and apply these skills in the real world, and post-secondary education.
• Students who possess different learning styles, and must be provided with a variety of instructional resources and strategies to fit individual needs and enhance the learning process.
• School and community must work cooperatively to accomplish academic and social understanding of goals set forth by the school site.
• The process of education must address academic, technological, vocational, career, and social development.
• The school must nurture students to develop an awareness and understanding of self, fostering such qualities as self-confidence, self-discipline and self-motivation.
• The school must guide students toward career paths through meaningful and challenging secondary educational programs. Additionally, providing career and vocational opportunities for its students.